Gan Shalom Early Childhood
A School Where Children:
- Delight in their own creative efforts — artistically, musically, and through movement
- Are encouraged to be curious and explore their natural surroundings
- Develop an appreciation for literature and other academic subjects
- Investigate cause and effect relationships
- Build relationships with friends by practicing empathy and kindness
- Make connections through STEM exploration
- Interact in a Jewish environment, experiencing rituals at an age-appropriate level
Begin with the Child
Our Home–School Connection
Our Values-Based Curriculum
Schedule of Classes
From September-June we offer the following:
- Our nursery school is open from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 am for Before Care
- We are open until 5:00 p.m. for Aftercare
Credentials and Educational Affiliations
- Licensed by the New York State Office of Child and Family Services
- Registered with the New York State Department of Education
- Affiliated with the Quality Stars New York Program
- A participant in the Port Washington Universal Pre-K Program
Adrienne Rosen is our Director of Gan Shalom. She holds a B.S. Degree in Education from Indiana University, an ESOL Certificate from Teachers College, and a Masters Degree in Art History from Queens College. Her educational focus is experiential learning through project-based inquiries at all age levels. She has been affiliated with the RSNS community since 2006, and both of her children are Gan Shalom Alumni. She was involved in Gan Shalom first as a class parent, on the Educational Advisory Committee, and as the Parent Liaison between the families and staff. She is so excited to build upon the foundation of kindness and love her own children experienced at Gan Shalom as the Director. She looks forward to creating an environment where school and home environments are connected, and where our families and staff work hand in hand to raise our unique and wonderful children.
Gan Shalom Nursery School at the Reconstructionist Synagogue of the North Shore, a non-profit school, was organized in 1994 by a committee of dedicated rabbis, early childhood educators and child development professionals, with the goal of providing the best possible Jewish and secular experience for young children and their families. We are licensed by the NYS Office of Child and Family Services and Registered with the NYS Education Department. Gan Shalom Nursery School is a proud participant of the Universal Pre-K Program of the Port Washington School District and Quality Stars NY.
GAN SHALOM FORMS - CLICK HERE
Grownup and Me Programming: Ages 0-5
Join us on Wednesdays at 9:45 for your children to experience a "Pre-Preschool" Class. Children experience free play, circle time, snacks, crafts, and music all with their trusted grownups.
Ages 14-24 Months
Join Actor and Early Childhood Educator Carolyn Fagan in playing with your children through puppet play and improvisation. Two times are offered to accommodate child's schedules and naptimes!
Join Morah Adrienne, Cantor Eric, and Todah the Sloth for Shabbat songs, instrument play, dancing, challah, and stories.
Offered three Fridays/month from 9:30-10:15.
Beginning Fall 2023: One Friday/Month
Join our PJ Family! RSNS and Gan Shalom Nursery School partner with PJ Library (a national program) to fill your lives with Jewish songs and books. Make Challah with Morah Miriam, sing Shabbat songs with Cantor Eric and Morah Rebecca, and read stories with Rabbi Jodie to bring in the Shabbat spirit with our community.
For Families with Children Ages 1-8
PJs Welcome :)