Weekly Social Action Update
IT’S TIME TO DONATE TO OUR YOM KIPPUR FOOD DRIVE – IN PERSON AND ONLINE!
RSNS is once again raising food for a terrific organization - LI Cares Harry Chapin Food Bank. In addition to collecting healthy, non-perishable items in the RSNS lobby as we have traditionally done on Yom Kippur until the close of Succot, we will also be conducting a #GiveHealthy food drive to supply our local food bank with fresh organic fruits and vegetables!
Click here to go to the RSNS #GiveHealthy donation page where you can pick out and donate fresh fruit and vegetables. They will be delivered directly to The Harry Chapin Food Bank for families who need them most! And after you give online, you can still bring healthy, non-perishable items in person to RSNS for donation between Yom Kippur and Succot!
• SOCIAL ACTION MEETING THIS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 8PM Refugees, Mitzvah Day, GENDA, so much good work to be done, once the holidays are over! Please join us!!
• WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 7PM Bend the Arc Sukkot event for Immigrant Justice, IN THE RSNS SUKKAH!
• HOW TO HELP AFTER FLORENCE
• The New York Times has a comprehensive list of ways, both large and small, to help victims of Hurricane Florence.
• You can donate to Nechama, a Minnesota-based Jewish relief organization that sends volunteers to reclaim and rebuild devastated neighborhoods wherever disaster strikes.