Weekly Social Action Update
• LAST CHANCE TO SIGN UP FOR NOVEMBER 15TH BLOOD DRIVE!! The RSNS blood drive will take place tomorrow from 3:00-9:00pm. Click here to reserve a spot!
• THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15: LAUNDRY LOVE at the Port Washington Super Laundry located at 4 Manorhaven Boulevard (right off Shore Rd.) Two shifts available: 5:30-7:00 and 7:00-8:30. Email Maureen to sign up for a shift: email@example.com
• SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18: PORT WASHINGTON INTERFAITH THANKSGIVING SERVICE 4:30pm at the Lutheran Church (12 Franklin Avenue). All money raised will be split between the Community Chest and HIAS.
• WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5: ERASE RACISM PUBLIC FORUM: HOW DO WE BUILD A JUST LONG ISLAND? 6:00 to 8:30 pm at the Hofstra University Club, Hempstead, NY – co-hosted by The National Center for Suburban Studies at Hofstra University. Long Island is one of the most racially segregated regions in the country. Isolation from one another has created fear and division. We need your voice in a courageous conversation that moves us forward. If you want a more inclusive Long Island, let's work together to create change!
• TANS (TIKKUN ALLIANCE OF THE NORTH SHORE) Toiletries & Hygiene Product Drive for Broken but Not Destroyed
Please drop off full size products of:
-Body Wash -Conditioner -Deodorant
-Feminine Hygiene Products -Mouthwash -Non-Perishable Food Items
-Paper Towels, Cups & Napkins -Pull-Ups (Pampers) Sizes 5-6 -Shampoo
-Soap -Toothbrushes -Toothpaste
Boxes are in the RSNS lobby through November
• For a list of ways to help in the aftermath of the deadly California Fires, click here.