MLK Mitzvah Day
Join us for a communitywide mitzvah day and make a difference!
RSNS PROJECTS (ALL STARTING AT 10:45AM HERE AT RSNS!)
• Baked Goods/Hot Cocoa Sale: All proceeds will benefit HIAS.
• Coin Roll: Bring loose change and roll coins to benefit HIAS.
• It’s a Knitzvah! Make knit preemie caps and no-sew blankets for the Neonatal Intensive Care Units of Cohen Children’s Medical Center at Northwell Health.
• Playthings for Pets: Bring and braid old t-shirts into a play toys for homeless pets at the North Hempstead Animal Shelter.
• Brown Bag Lunches: Assemble 150 nutritious bag lunches for the Interfaith Nutrition Network.
• Pink Challah Bake: Learn fun ways to braid a pink challah, and learn about Sharsheret -- the Jewish breast and ovarian cancer community. Please pre-register here -- so we have enough pink challah dough!
• Time For Good: RSNS Teens will meet from 11:45AM - 1:45PM at the Sid Jacobson JCC to assemble 30,000 meals for the needy! (Teens should RSVP directly to Cantor Eric cantoreric@RSNS.org)
RSNS DRIVES -- We are collecting the following items
AT RSNS THROUGH FRIDAY
For the Queens Advocacy Center:
• Travel-size Toiletries Drive For Victims of Domestic Violence -- NEW Travel-size: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hairbrushes, moisturizer, deodorant, toothbrushes, and toothpaste
• Survival Bags for At-Risk Children -- Please click here (and scroll down) to donate new children’s pajamas, underwear, socks, and sports bras in specific sizes and quantities! (Survival bag items can be dropped in Cantor Eric’s office)
For Beautiful Memories Gemach at Young Israel of New Hyde Park
• Jeans Drive -- Washed and gently used jeans of all sizes.
• Men’s Professional Clothing Drive -- Gently used (on hangers): suits, sports jackets, slacks, dress shirts, and ties.
• Women’s Professional Clothing and Accessories Drive -- Gently used (on hangers): dresses, blouses, blazers, suits, skirts, pants, belts, and wraps.
New SJJCC Food Bank
• Non-Perishable Food
CLICK HERE for more information.
We will come together as a Jewish community to work jointly on numerous mitzvah projects benefiting a wide range of local and national recipients.
Mitzvah Day brings us all together: a chance to be with family, to meet new friends, and to brighten the day of someone in need. MLK Day of Service is intended to empower individuals, strengthen communities, bridge barriers, create solutions to social problems, and to move us closer to Dr. King's vision of "beloved community."
Participating congregations include Community Synagogue, Temple Beth Israel, RSNS, Port Jewish Center, and Chabad of Port Washington.